There are many different types of SEO, but before discussing that it is important to understand what exactly SEO is. SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the process of improving your website is ranking on Google SERPs and thus increasing the quality and quantity of traffic on your website.
Here we have explained the top 3 different types of SEO, as well as additional 4 types of SEO. All these SEO practices are important to ensure a higher rating.
A professional SEO Brisbane company will use all the SEO techniques and deliver the results you are expecting. Australian Internet Advertising is one such company. They undertake a thorough examination and provide you constant ongoing support and feedback.
Top 3 Types of SEO
On-Page SEO covers everything you do, and strategies you follow to achieve a higher ranking on search engines. Some of the important On-Page SEO techniques are:
- Generating high-quality content to attract searchers towards your website
- Including Meta Tags in your webpage to help Google bots understand your content better
- Highlighting different content elements using HTML tags
- Ensuring there are no broken links
- Working on the URL structure and ensuring every page has a systematic URL
This type of SEO is all about helping Google bots efficiently crawl, understand and index different pages of your website. There are many different techniques for doing so. For instance,
- Creating a well-organized sitemap XML file to ensure search engines have information about all the URLs on your webpage
- Making your webpage mobile-friendly
- Including structure data on your webpage to help Google bots’ sort and categorize your webpage content
Off-page SEO is a set of activities you undertake outside your webpage to achieve higher Google SERPs ratings. There are many activities, which fall under this category and some of them are:
- Working meticulously to improve backlinks and improving broken links
- Creating a business account on social media and actively promoting it.
- Being a part of online forums, and posting valuable content there
- Working with bloggers and social media influencers
- Collecting feedbacks from clients using different online forums
Other types of SEO are:
This is a low risk as well as a high reward type of SEO. You can employ optimization techniques approved by the Google search engine. Now such techniques may take time to show results, but they are genuine and help in creating brand awareness and goodwill. Furthermore, if there are any alterations in Google algorithms, your webpage not bumped or banned.
Some of the examples of White-Hat SEO include – Generating relevant and useful content after undertaking keyword research, earning links depending on content quality from high-authority sites.
Black-Hat SEO works depending on the weaknesses of Google search algorithms. It is exactly the opposite of White-Hat SEO. Black-hat SEO techniques are not hundred percent search engine approved. It follows strategies like sketchy paid link building procedures, showing different contents to crawlers and humans, stuffing content with keywords, etc.
Black-Hat SEO techniques can get you blacklisted and thereby drop your rankings. Even if you get results, expect them to be short-term.
Grey-hat SEO, as the name suggests, is a mix of both – White-Hat and Black-Hat SEO. Search engines do not exactly prohibit these techniques, but they don’t even appreciate them. Ideally, it is best to avoid such techniques. Some of the Grey-Hat SEO are –
- Generating content that gets a higher number of clicks, but is not exactly useful to readers
- Unclear exchange of links between websites
- Getting paid reviews
If we consider all the different types of SEOs, this is one of the most corrupt ones. Usually, Negative SEO employed may not increase a business’s rankings, but decrease the rankings of its competitors. Businesses practicing negative SEO suffer legal trials when caught. Some of the Negative SEO methods are:
- Hacking into competitor’s website and generating questionable links.
- Posting negative feedbacks on online forums, blogs, social media, etc
So, now you know about the different types of SEO. Next, it is important to understand that when you put together your SEO strategy, you will need to use a little of all the different types of SEO techniques mentioned above. Well, of course, you certainly want to avoid suspicious tactics.
To ensure you are using the right techniques and not doing anything illegal, it is best to involve a professional SEO agency. After all, this is not a task, which every business can handle in-house.